The Gift of Second by Brandy Lidbeck: Available Now!
The Gift of Second comes alongside loss survivors and helps navigate the common pitfalls for those left behind. It offers encouragement and hope to guide survivors through this desperate time. In The Gift of Second, you will:
- Explore the ins and outs of grief and trauma
- Release the guilt and shame survivors carry
- Recognize how to take care of yourself
- Gain practical tips for enduring the first year
- Discover what helps other survivors
- Determine when to seek professional help
- Stop replaying the past and blaming yourself
- START healing in a healthy way
“You can’t fast-forward the grieving process after losing someone to suicide, but this book will help you navigate through it. It combines words of wisdom from many different sources with the kind of compassionate advice that could only come from someone who is both professionally and personally familiar with this kind of loss.”
- Victoria Banks, hit singer/songwriter and suicide survivor
"As a suicide loss survivor, this is a must read. This book will be my go-to guide for many years to come. A brilliant piece of work! The author was able to take a tough subject and turn it into a compassionate read that I will recommend to all of my colleagues and fellow suicide loss survivors."
- Jennifer Cagle-Huffman, CEO of Survivors of Loved Ones to Suicide, Inc. (SOLOS) & suicide survivor
"Losing a loved one to suicide leaves you in an unfamiliar place. Brandy does an excellent job of helping you feel less alone and more understood in a world that no longer feels familiar."
- Jessica Hutchison, licensed clinical professional counselor and founder of Our Side of Suicide